A home away from home
Why live in residence?
- Location - In the heart of downtown Toronto and only minutes to your classes, libraries and the Athletic Centre, you are in the middle of all the action.
- Sense of belonging - Living in residence, you'll know your way around campus in no time, and see lots of familiar faces.
- Safety & security - Security and/or staff are available 24hrs/day making sure you have the security you need.
- Convenience - With study rooms, complimentary internet and laundry facilities on-site, living in residence couldn't be easier.
- Support network - Live-in Resident Assistants or Dons are at hand to help you with everything from academic concerns to personal issues.
- Opportunities for growth - Join committees and take a leading role in your residence experience, or join other campus groups that suit your interests. Living in residence makes it easy to get involved.
- Lifelong friendships - Get to know new friends who share your interests.
Check out each residence's page for specific information on your options. A variety of residence styles are available on the St. George campus, including:
- Dormitory (dorm)-style: single and double rooms in large residence halls with communal eating facilities.
- Shared apartment-style: mostly single rooms (a few doubles at Victoria University) in a same-gender or co-ed apartment with shared kitchen, living area, and washrooms.
- Shared houses: single and double rooms in shared historic homes (located at St. Michael's College).