Skip to main navigation Skip to Content

Housing Services

Housing Help

Office Closure: 
The University of Toronto will be closed from December 20, 2014 to January 4, 2015 inclusive. 
For housing emergencies during this time, the following resources are available: 
Campus Police: 416-978-2323
Temporary Accommodations list
Winter Break list (on- and off-campus) 
Other Information & Support:
Community Legal Education Ontario 
Please visit for additional resources. 
Have a safe and happy holiday! 
Housing Services

Housing Services offers the following resources to ensure you find suitable housing that meets your distinctive needs:

1. 5-Steps to Housing: Five videos that will guide you through the housing search process.
2. The Home Ranger: For those who require a little further assistance with the housing search.
3. Housing Crisis: We offer one-one-one assistance and referrals to students in a housing crisis.

The Home Ranger

If you require further assistance with your housing search, contact us and schedule your appointment with The Home Ranger today!

Assistance for Students in a Crisis

We offer one-on-one assistance and referrals to students:

  • who have lost, or are at risk of losing their current housing situation
  • for whom their current housing is untenable
  • who may not have the resources (personal, financial, etc.) to find housing on their own

The housing crisis may be due to:

  • conflict in the home
  • relationship break-up
  • unsafe or unliveable housing conditions
  • house fire or other calamity
  • financial difficulty
  • eviction
  • short-term homelessness
  • other issues

If you are unable to locate temporary housing or stay with family/friends, or have a number of issues that make it difficult for you to source appropriate housing (short or long-term), we can help.

We will work with you and other U of T staff, as appropriate, to help you find housing and continue with your studies.

To arrange an appointment, call 416-978-8045 ext. 0 or visit Housing Services at 214 College St., Room 203.

Housing Emergencies

If you do not have a place to stay for the night, and it is after hours, please contact Campus Police at 416-978-2323.

If you are fleeing an abuse situation, please contact an intake worker at the Community Safety Office during office hours or the Campus Police after office hours.

youtube logo




Housing help logo